REVIEW: It’s the most fun you can get out of any MINI on the market today. But is there such a thing as too much fun for its own good?
Would we buy one?
If we already had a car with four seats, and had RM 249,888 with nothing to do, then yes. The MINI Cooper S Coupe is unique; it’s fun, will probably be very exclusive (you’ll most likely not spot someone else in one) and is a great ‘drivers’ car.
The Coupe also gets two thumbs up for being a really easy car to drive (small, accommodating to the driver, good cabin space) and has a great iDrive in it which manages my music, mobile phone and work in a very clever and easy to use way.
It’s clean, stylish, unique and drives like a track racer; perfect for days when you want to let your hair down a little or get your juvenile juices flowing again.
MSN MOTORING SCORES IT: 7/10 overall
SPECS AND STUFF:
- Power: 135KW(184hp)@ 5,500rpm
- Max. torque/revs: 240Nm/ 1600 – 5000rpm
- Overboost: 260 Nm/1730 – 4500rpm
- Acceleration: 7.1s (0-100kmh)
- Top speed: 224km/h
- Fuel consumption: 6.7 l/100km (combined)
- Unladen weight: 1190 / 1265kg (DIN/ EU)
- CO2 emissions: 155g/km
- Fuel tank capacity: 50liter
- PRICE: RM 249, 888
More photos from Motoring
Which is your favourite Volkswagen Beetle?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- The Original Beetle
- The New Beetle (1997-2011)
- The Volkswagen Beetle (present)